Zoom launched its newest feature, Avatar on Monday, (21/03/2022).
Avatar in the Zoom application is the latest feature to replace appearances with 3D virtual animations when making video calls and webinars.
When activating the Avatar feature, the device detects faces on the screen using the camera to apply an animated virtual avatar that mimics head movements and expressions.
Quoted from indianexpress.com the Avatar feature is available on Windows, macOS and iOS devices.
Meanwhile, for mobile devices, the Avatar feature is available on version 5.10.0 or above.
Then how to use the avatar zoom feature?
How to Use the Zoom Avatar Feature for Users (User)
Quoted from support.zoom.us, here’s how to use the Avatar Zoom feature for users (User):
1. Log in to the Zoom web portal
2. On the Navigation menu, click Settings
3. Then click the Meetings tab
4. Under the Meeting menu, click the Avatar button to enable or disable it
5. When the verification statement is displayed, click Enable or Disable to verify changes
If an option is grayed out, it’s locked at the group or account level.
So you need to contact the Zoom admin.
How to Use Avatar Zoom Feature for Groups
1. Log in to the Zoom web portal as admin
2. On the Navigation menu, click User Management
3. Then select Group Management
4. Click the group name in the list
5. Then click the Meetings tab
6. Under the Meeting menu, click the Avatar button to enable or disable it
7. When the verification statement is displayed, click Enable or Disable to verify changes
If an option is grayed out, it has been locked at the account level and needs to be changed at that level.
However, to prevent all users in the group from changing this setting, click the lock icon, then click Lock to confirm the setting.
How to Apply Avatar Feature on Zoom Meeting
1. Start or join a meeting
2. Next to the Start Video / Stop Video button, click the button and select Virtual Background or select a video filter
3. Klik tab Avatar
4. Then select the Avatar that you will apply
If you want to apply the Avatar feature to everyone in the meeting, select the checkbox.
Apply to all future meetings to enable this by default for meetings and webinars you join and start.